Breast cancer stage 4

• 5 replies
  • 460 subscribers

I have breast cancer in my lungs, lymph nodes and sternum, I also have some cancer in the brain, I've had a tumor removed and radiotherapy on 2 more lesions in my brain, I've also had a stunt placed in my head. Even after all that I'm really trying to stay positive 

• Well done you for staying positive. It’s not something any of us have control over, young or old, fit or not - so no point in letting it control our moods. Sending you lots of hugs xxxx

• And we all know that staying positive is one of the hardest things to do during this ordeal! I know that there are many cases of metastatic breast cancer going into remission for years and years and I do believe that staying positive does help! I myself struggle sometimes to stay positive - I had a mastectomy last July but my surgeon couldn't achieve clear margins, 2 of them were positive and I had to have chemotherapy, radiotherapy, etc. You can never be certain you are cancer free, that's the worst part of the whole cancer thing. At least I feel like that. I try my hardest to stay positive but it's always at the back of my mind. I hope it will get better with time. I wish you the very best of luck with not only keeping the cancer in control but hopefully get and stay into remission! Big virtual hug,

Lana xx 

• Hi Marleymoo

Welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer.

Sending hugs..

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Marleymoo - you sound an amazing person . Well done going through all the treatments. Hope they work for you Pray sending love and hugs . Xx

• Sorry to hear what you are going through and it can be difficult to stay positive some days for me too . I was diagnosed 7 months ago with Stage 4 BC in the liver . I was coming up to 5 years after my Primary BC and went to A&E with pains . I had a gall bladder infection and that’s how they found it by chance scanning my gall bladder. They found several tumours on my liver and confirmed BC mets 5 weeks later. The first few months were horrific but I now try to take it a scan at a time and try and enjoy life the best I can in between although there are still dark days and side effects from treatment can be really bad some days. I found an online group helpful that meet up remotely regularly . It’s good to talk to people in the same position as you . That is with BC now. Have you tried anything like this?  How are your scan results if you don’t mind me asking? I’m currently stable but know it can change any time! Lots of hugs, you are going through so much so it’s understandable you will have bad days .