Lobular Cancer

• 7 replies
  • 483 subscribers

Hi there 

I have just undergone surgery to remove lobular breast cancer. I'ts been three days since the op. I now await the results. I'm doing ok I think but am quite anxious and still feel very weird about the whole thing. My diagnosis and everything happened so very quickly and completely by chance so I'm not sure I've really digested everything, its such a shock. I know my prognosis is good which I am grateful for but still keep wondering how much this is going to change me. I am in my 50's and have always been very active, gym, running, playing tennis and I am lucky to have a great family and and friends and yet I feel still feel quite lonely and wonder will I get back to being myself again. I know so many of you have it worse than me,so not meaning to be negative, but just thought I'd come on here and say hi. 

• Hi MG . Welcome . Hope you’re recovering from your op . I had a lumpectomy to remove ILC on Friday .

Sounds like you’ve had a similar journey to me .
    I’m very active too , mid 50s.

Mine was found by a thorough GP and radiographer , I’d presented with a lipoma but the tumour was hidden, picked up on ultrasound .

I think our feelings are pretty normal and whilst we’ve both had an op , we still don’t know what the rest of our treatment will look like . 

This is a really informative forum . Stick close x 

• I feel as if I am reading about me here. 3 months down the line and I still feel as if I run a marathon just walking round the block.  Baby steps i keep telling myself but would prefer them to be giant ones and be back doing what I was doing before surgery.  Know that this is a long way off for me bit also know I will get there too

Take care  x

• Hi KLF

Thanks so.much for rreplying. My op was on Friday too! I hope you are doing well. Yes it's all so surreal. Guess we haveto be patient and positive xx 

• Hi Janice

I appreciate your reply. Guess we are all in a similar position. 

It will be better to get there in your own time and feel good rather than push it so keep doing what you're doing. I feel this forum will be a positive place for us to draw encouragement x 

• it really is,  i think hearing others going through similar stuff makes it a bit easier to cope with.  I have signed up for pretty muddy - determined to complete this event even although I know will struggle with it.  

• That's great. Something to aim for. I am also going to sign up for a run or walk. I figure as the first run I ever did was Race for Life.  I should definitely do something similar. 

• it is a goal to go for