What a 6 months it’s been

• 5 replies
  • 485 subscribers

Hi everyone

Thought I’d jump on here so I can pretty much let off a bit of steam, because I know you’ll understand.  My last six months in short…

Mum was diagnosed with a brain tumour in Feb 2022, she deteriorated massively in Oct 2023.

Sept 2023, I had a two level neck fusion where during that surgery they paralysed my vocal cord. This meant more surgery at the beginning of Dec. 
Called for my very first mammogram in Nov aged 52 (almost 53).  Off I went, to a train station car park and got my boobs out, I even laughed about it!
Mum was admitted into a hospice 3 days before Xmas, so my awaiting results were ‘shelved’ and no more was  thought of it, let alone tell anyone I had been recalled and three biopsies taken.

Fast forward past the recalls, biopsies, mri, confirmed cancer result in Jan (a week before my lovely mum passed away) and an MRI guided biopsy of an enhancement on the other boob, here I am.  

One masectomy later with the results looming on Monday, I’m not too sure how to feel?

At the minute, it’s very tearful, wonky with just one boob hanging there, sore, scared for the future and not sure what next week will bring.

Im thinking of you all, going through the emotional time too, it’s got to get better, right ?  Xx

• Be strong and Keep yourself happy.

• Hi tlw18, what a rollercoaster you have enduredHuggingand I’m so sorry for the loss of your mum.

I am not surprised you are not sure how to feel. Be kind to yourself and fingers crossed for your results on Monday. Sending big hugs Hugging xx

Alfie 24

• I am so sorry for the loss of your mum! I've been through that too and it's never easy, but you are slowly getting used to it. You never forget but you learn how to live with it... As for cancer, yes, you will get used to that too. I thought I never will, but I did. I also had a single mastectomy (Mid-july 2023) plus chemotherapy and radiotherapy, all finished end of January 2024. I have good days and I have bad days, especially when I let myself think about a possible recurrence, it's a nightmare. On a more positive note, it does get better. You sound like a very strong woman, just try your hardest to stay positive and hope for the best! Fingers crossed for your results! I wish you the very best of luck with your treatment! Big hug,

Lana xx

• Thankyou so much for this.  I’m positive about my results on Monday, I’m willing them to be good.  I know my mums watching over me, and even though I miss her so so very much even though it still doesn’t seem real that she’s gone, I know she would be there by my side on this journey if she could.  
    positve vibes, let’s see what Monday brings !  Thankyou for your support Xx

• Thankyou, it still doesn’t seem real that she’s gone or that I was diagnosed just a week before she died.   To being able to tell her my news or have her tell me it was going to be ok, is hard.  Even more so since my masectomy surgery.  
    I know she would want me to be positve and strong - so Monday is going to bring good news and I’ll be wondering what all the worry was about !!