Anyone feeling lonely

• 3 replies
  • 484 subscribers

Hi, I am new to this group and just wanted to say Hi.  I have stage 2 invasive ductal breast cancer.  I have had a lumpectomy together with sentinel Lymph node biopsy, which showed the cancer had spread to my lymph nodes, which I have recently just had a lymph node clearance.  I am being very matter of fact about the whole thing and my outlook is very positive, I am generally a positive person but I do feel lonely in my journey.  I feel like my life has just stood still since being diagnosed, that was the end of December.  I still have to wait for further results to determine the next stage of my treatment.  What I am certain of is that I certainly know who really care about me!!! 

• Hi Freckles2024

Welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer. It’s good that you are feeling positive about things.  What you are feeling is perfectly natural bot please know that when you are on this forum you are not alone as everyone here knows what it feels like to have a cancer diagnosis.

Wishing you the best of luck with whatever comes next for you.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• It really is a scary time no matter what the results are.  I was told stage 2 and not in lymph nodes to then being told it is and the lump was 2cm bigger than what they originally thought

I opted for a mastectomy with reconstruction and have just started chemotherapy. 

Am awaiting results from a biopsy that I didn't even expect to get. But am sure it is just scar tissue.

I have great support from every one around me.

Also.i reach out to these groups too and feel very supported along my journey 

I feel.thoight that my life has stood till while everyone else's has kept going on as normal 

Hate that feeling 

• Hello Freckles, im so sorry you are going through this. I also too was diagnosed with breast cancer the beginning of January. I'm just recovering from a lumpectomy and lymph node biopsies that I had done last Friday. I can totally relate to you as I'm feel lonely sometimes too. I do have alot of support from family and ffriends but sometimes I feel like I'm.on.my own. I'm currently waiting on my results as well and will know my next treatment plan but I feel.like I can't plan anything at the moment and I hate not been in control of my own life. I care lovely xxx