Hello, Grade 2 Invasive Ductal with Lobular features. Brain all in a scramble

• 10 replies
  • 485 subscribers

Diagnosed yesterday and MRI this evening. Still awaiting results on receptors etc and have next set of results and treatment plan next week. Reeling a bit from the news but like many others not surprised. Had one look at google and decided that is a pointless road to hell so going to keep off it. Currently looks like a grade one as the lymph clear on ultrasound but consultant being very cautious as says hard to see lobular except on MRI and my initial presentation was when my breast started growing. It did then settle down a bit on no HRT and antibiotics but we'll see. I am lucky in that I can afford not to work but I desperately don't want to leave work as I love it. I just can't imagine me being any use to anyone until I am the other side of this and I suspect that is what work is going to think too. I'm going to wait until I have the results next week and know what I am facing before I make any decisions, and then I am not going to rush them. How the hell do you make such bloody big decisions when you can barely think straight enough to tie your own shoelaces???? 

• Am totally with you there. Take the time to process what is said to you. Read the information they give you. Speak to you breast cancer nurse.  Go to a maggies centre and chat.  That's what I did. My head is still reeling 4 months down.

• Thanks Janicekoolkat. It’s lovely to know I’m not on my own. 

• Hi  , brain in a scramble is a very good description of these early days, I remember well even though it’s over 5 years since my diagnosis. Welcome to the group, I’ve found it a great place for support and shared experiences. Definitely stay away from Google - so much there is out of date or just wrong. I’ve tried to stick with sites like this which you can trust. Re work, everyone is different so try to accept that you come first and whatever feels right for you, is right! For myself, I found it easier to go to work and focus on that while waiting for my biopsy results and then waiting for my op, but some people just can’t face work at that point and get signed off. Others work throughout treatment - I didn’t, I ended being off from my op until 4 weeks after radiotherapy. 4 months in all. So do try to go with what feels appropriate for you, and of course every job is different too. Hope the time somehow whizzes by until you get your results and have more of an idea about what you are facing. It’s a tortuous time. Sending love and a big virtual hug, HFxx

HappyFeet1 xx
    Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi
  • Hi Rutherford, I was diagnosed last Friday with ILC . mri Monday and op next Friday . Today is my last physical day at work , I may work from home next week inbetween tests and appointments.

I’m barely functioning at the minute but I feel the same as you about work . Part time and love it but financially can afford to stop. I’m not making that decision for a few weeks.

stick Close x 

• Hi klf, I think that’s wise and I have decided I’m going to leave the work decision as long as possible. At the moment it is keeping me sane. Good luck next week and yes will stick close . Im having a little weep reading all these lovely replies as I feel so supported. A huge ray of sunshine in a shit shit time. 

• Thank you so much, i really appreciate it xx

• I’m always having a weep . Tears are good to get out .

lets hope that both our results are the best.

never even heard of lobular until last week, although I do know that  Victoria Derbyshire had ILC 

• Me neither, looks like from now everyday is going to be a school day, going to learn a lot i expect in the next days. I hope your results are good on Monday. Xx

• I call it the Booby Blues xx.

• That’s brilliant made me laugh