• 4 replies
  • 465 subscribers

Hi, I’m new to the group, diagnosed on 7/12/23 with tubular carcinoma, which I’m told is rare? Call back following my 1st ever mammogram in my 50th year!
Last few weeks have been a whirlwind and I’m having a lumpectomy and sentinel lymph nodes removed on 24/1/24, I’m ER+ & PR+ and have been told I’ll have radiotherapy and hormone treatment after op! I’m waiting for a FISH result to come back to decide if I’ll need chemo? I’m stage 1 and it’s been caught early and im told it’s a good cancer to get if there is such a thing?!

• Hi Glitterstrands

Welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with breast cancer.

Wishing you the best of luck with your operation in the new year.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you for your reply Daisy53

• Hi,

I hope you are doing well. I had tubular cancer also and lumpectomy and radiation in Feb and May. Looking to connect with others who had tubular as was told it was rare type of cancer. 

• Hi, sorry you find yourself in the group no e wants to be in.  I was diagnosed with Tubular cancer September 2022.  The needle test showed up breast cancer but the biopsy came back clear.  On doing a second biopsy the results came back as Tubular cancer.  Surgeon told me it was the best one to get.  Margins weren’t clear after surgery and DCIS showed up.  I had second surgery and margins were then clear.  I was upset/panicked when I required second surgery but the bcn said to look at it as another step in the process.    I had two weeks radiotherapy and now on Anastrozole for five years.  Hope this helps to reassure you.