What do I want to do now?

• 1 reply
  • 314 subscribers

I still feel the affects of breast cancer after all the successful active treatment stopped earlier this year, My mental wellbeing is taking a dive, I am constantly anxious, and have a low mood.  I take Vitamin D every day and B12 - this helps.  I am on universal credit for the first time in my life whilst I have this golden time to heal and do stuff I want to do!!   I have a job in the nhs but decided to have a break, this will end ... but do I want it to end?!.  This has been the best thing I have ever done, suddenly I am finding long lost hobbies I never had time for.  My predicament is do I go back to a job that scares me to death, even though I would have a phased return, I am thinking that I just won't be able to do it, with side effects of foggy brain and tiredness that is still evident in my body.  I take the Anastrozole at night time to lessen aching body and walking on pins in my feet! Back into to a busy life.  I could be part time but the job role has lost its shine. Has anyone gone through similar and thought don't worry - just take the plunge and find something different, less stressful and a little bit more joyful?

• Hi Veej, sorry to hear you're having a rough time. I do think we spend a lot of our time at work, so if it's really making us miserable then something might have to change.   Have you considered having a chat with the lovely folks here at Macmillan.  They are great listeners and of course more independent than our friends and family, so you could give them a call on 0800 808 0000.  Wishing you the best of luck with whatever you decide. 

Community Champion badge