Letrozole

• 4 replies
  • 316 subscribers

Hi All

I have been on Letrozole since November/December last year.  I have had joint aches since the beginning and just get on with it.  I have recently started a fit step class and upped my walking and this has just in the last week irritated my right shin (not painful but different).  Can we take cod liver oil supplements or collagen supplements?  Do I need to speak to oncology or a physiotherapist? 

Every new ache makes me scared!

Thank you. 

• Hi MuckyPawsHoniton,

I’ve been on Letrozole for about five months and also have had some aches and pains. However, I’ve always taken vitamin D3 and find this has helped me - my Oncologist says it’s okay to continue this.

I would think you would be okay with cod liver oil or collagen, but to be on the safe side, I would check with your doctor or breast cancer nurse. Let us know what she says and I hope this info helps.

Take care and big hugs.x

• Thank you for your response.  I take the Calcium D3 too and am mostly managing.  Think paranoia might be in charge.  I’ll speak to oncologist.

xx

• Hi there,

I've been on Letrozole too, and I completely understand how frustrating the joint aches can be. First of all, it is extremely important to use only high-quality Letrozole from reliable pharmacies, for the best results and to minimize side effectsFrom my experience, adding supplements like cod liver oil and collagen can be helpful for joint health. I’ve found cod liver oil especially beneficial for reducing stiffness, and collagen seemed to support overall joint comfort. However, I’d definitely recommend checking with your oncologist before starting any new supplements, just to be safe. They might have insights based on your specific treatment plan. Also, a physiotherapist can give you personalized advice on how to adjust your exercise routine to avoid further irritation.

Take care, and don’t hesitate to reach out for support!

• Just a thought - have you increased your exercise iquite a lot quite suddenly - this might explain the shin pain , as in letrizole might not be the culprit. Step is quite tough on the shins!!