PREHAB! Mental Health and Physical Health

• 6 replies
  • 318 subscribers

I've noticed a few posts discussing post operative and treatment pain and tiredness.

I'm yet to have surgery and treatment and in my search for resources on how to best prepare myself I stumbled across this book. 

www.movingthroughcancer.com/

I really can't recommend it more highly. It not only covers what we can do before surgery but also post operative and treatment wise. It is aimed at everyone at any level of fitness and explains really well the importance of movement for physical health, and also just as important, mental health. 

I've found this forum so helpful and just wanted to give something back as to what has helped me. 

My second recommendation would be this, which was recommended to me by someone on this forum. Totally invaluable! I've learnt so much and feel so much more prepared.

www.wob.com/.../9781785041877

I'm a bit of a worrier, with a brain that takes me to worse case scenarios very quickly! I've also suffered from health anxiety and general anxiety on and off throughout my life. Both of these books gave me back some much needed control, as I very quickly realised that a breast cancer diagnosis left me feeling completely out of control! I'm still having not so great moments and days but generally speaking I feel more positive and able to cope.

Hope the above helps someone. Much love and hugs to you all xx