Eyebrows

• 4 replies
  • 317 subscribers

Hello there! 

My chemo starts on Monday, which is great news, however I was only told yesterday that this is the case so just getting my head around what I need to do. 

I had originally planned to get my eyebrows mircobladed, but as I’ve only got three days I don’t think I’ll be able to get it done. 

I’m planning on shaving my head next weekend, so I’m not bothered about that, but I’m looking for reassurance/ recommendations regarding my brows. 

Should I be ringing around like a mad woman to find somewhere to squeeze me in? Or, getting a brow kit and enlisting my 15 year old daughter to draw them in? 

I know that eyebrows are not an important part of my journey, but they are a welcomed distraction.

Thank you Heart

• I was told microblading should be done at least two weeks before treatment starts, others may have been told different? I'm planning on just using a stencil kit if I lose them I think - there's some really good fake brow stuff available nowadays. I've only had one treatment so no hair loss yet but I keep eyeing my hairline with suspicion Rofl

• Hi Autumn _lover, I  only lost my eyebrows and eyelashes towards the very end of my chemo. Had my last cycle at the beginning of July. They have already started growing back, so wasn't without them completely for very long. I don't usually wear much make up, bit found drawing eyebrows on freehand much easier than using the stencils. Good luck with your treatment, I hope it all goes well. Xx

• Thank you for this, I’m feeling reassured xxxxx good luck with your treatment x 

• I’m quite a hairy lady so no fear of them not growing back at a rapid pace!  I really appreciate you taking the time to reassure me Heart