Pre-op assessment

• 2 replies
  • 316 subscribers

Hi everyone, I have my pre-op assessment on Monday. Just wondered what information they might ask for, apart from what meds I'm on. It says the appointment is 60 minutes long. 

• They will most likely check all your vitals, height, weight, pulse, temp, blood pressure too (mine is usually stupidly high due to white coat syndrome). They will go through everything with you, medication and so on. What to expect, maybe you’ll see anaesthetist too. If you’ve ever had an anaesthetic before, tell them about any sickness, they will probably want to check anti sickness medications which worked for you. 

As a hint, if (like me) your blood pressure is high, as if they will allow it to be done at home if you’ve a machine yourself, and phone in a reading. My nurse said I could email in a photo of a reading. Immediately the pressure was off it went down to a normal level! 

Hope all goes well for you, try not to worry.

hugs xxx

Moomy

• Hi moomy, thanks very much for your reply, the info is really helpful. My blood pressure is usually bit on the low side, so don't think that will be a problem. I do tend to get sick after an anaesthetic, so will definitely give that a mention. I'll also make a list of any medication. Thanks again. Xx