Panic attack

• 4 replies
  • 317 subscribers

Does anybody get panic attacks this has started since my hematoma surgery I got so anxious that my blood pressure went sky high and the nurse at discharge told me it went to stroke Level now I am on medication but getting panic attacks worrying.

• Hi Skylark

Sorry to hear that you are getting Panic attacks since your hematoma surgery.  I had one or two panic attacks while going through treatment.  I found it helpful to talk to someone about how I was feeling.  You might find counselling helpful.  To arrange counselling if you'd like to you can either ring the helpline on 0808 808 0000 and they'll be able to arrange some counselling sessions for you through BUPA.  If you have a Maggie's Centre or another cancer near you you could either call in or ring them and they'd be able to arrange some free counselling sessions for you.

I hope you start to feel better soon.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you Daisy53 I will look into it. Did it help you.

• Thank you Daisy53

my oncology nurse called today to ask about my anxiety and encouraged me to call the help line number that you gave to me.  I now have an assessment phone call next week.

hope you are doing well and Thank you X

• Glad to hear that you've looking into getting help with your anxiety.  I found the counselling helpful.

Community Champion Badge