Hair loss & treatment

• 2 replies
  • 317 subscribers

Hi I finished chemotherapy in June and didn't loose my hair only shedded - but quite a lot. It is now growing back and I was wondering if anybody has tried rosemary oil on there scalp, If so does it work. 

• Hi Miasnanny

I hope that you are recovering ok from your chemo.

My chemo was in 2022 and I did scalp cooling throughout. My hair thinned/shedded with each cycle but still kept a fair amount. 

I found my scalp was quite irritated and would not have wanted to put anything on it. What I did find helped was to continue with the mild shampoo and gentle hair care that i did throughout chemo and also a spray in children's hair conditioner that I got from Tesco. You can get it online as well- Childs Farm. It moisturised my damaged hair but also my scalp- and i think that probably helped more that anything else. it did take a couple of months to start growing again properly so for a while it was at different lengths and the new hair was soft and fluffy whereas the hair I kept was quite dry and coarse. i treated it gently and once it started growing , it did so quickly. 

I took photos each week and you don't otherwise notice the difference.

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi Jane thanks for this information and taking the time to reply .