Feeling low

• 4 replies
  • 318 subscribers

Hope everyone is doing well.

Haven't been on the forum for some time and been ticking along ok with treatment. 

This year it's been one thing after another don't like to complain but really struggling mentally at the moment. Always keep positive to people around me but this last couple of weeks physically I have been not at my best.

They have found a brain aneurysm. 

Waiting for a biopsy to be done, camera down throat..can't wait. Stuck out tongue closed eyes

Having to see lung department as I have had a awful cough virus which lasted for months and now left me with a dry cough and hyposensity to cold dust and other stuff. Doctor mentioned copd but ashma nurse disagrees.

Pains in my foot, hip being a pain and legs aching. To top it all loosing weight .

And now can't sleep.. think I am over thinking things and generally go with the flow but today I have been thinking..someone give me a break surely I deserve one.

Not looking for sympathy just excuse my language " pissed off ". 

I am hoping by doing this I will get this feeling off my chest.

Hope everyone has a fab bank holiday and the weather keeps bright and dry.

• So sorry to hear this no wonder you are pissed off , the best advice I can give you is you are definitely allowed to be and feel down in yourself for what you are going through!! But try not to stress to much about the things you can’t control and focus on the things you can , I’m also feeling rubbish at the min as I have had a year of treatment for Brest cancer and sadly lost my mom to lung cancer last week, but I find talking and sharing in this form helpful, so if you ever need to talk vent , just let it out , from my experience it helps and there is always someone with good advice or even just a kind word that makes you feel less alone , routing for you and sending big hugs Anna M 

• Hi Sambob,

I’m so sorry to learn about what you are going through this and trust me, you have every right to feel pissed off, we all have those moments. I had a lumpectomy and lymph nodes removed four months ago, recently finished my radiotherapy.

I’m not sure if you are on any cancer meds, but they are renowned for causing pain in the joints and limbs. I’m on Letrozole for five years and have taken vitamin D3 for sometime now, my Oncologist says it’s still alright to do this and I have had very little pain.

This has all got to be so stressful for you, I write a daily diary which mega helps as you can get everything off your chest and out of your system. Also, if I have a bit of trouble relaxing or sleeping, I either put some hot water in a bowl and add a few drops of lavender oil and place it in the living room/bedroom which helps me a lot or, listen to a meditation podcast, I use ‘Go Gently’ by Christine Elizabeth Smith and it’s surprisingly calming.

I hope and pray that everything goes well for you, please let us know how things go and don’t forget, every time you go through a ‘pissed off patch’ we are all here for you Thumbsup tone3

Love and big hugs.xxx

• Ahhh thankyou.

Had a better day yesterday even though I only slept 2 hours.

Sorry to hear about your mum it puts things into perspective .

I gave been on the cancer treadmill for over 20 years now and consider myself Lucy to be a survivor especially with hiw treatments have processed.

My cancer has been a little bugger and travelling without a passport or visa. It's trapped at present and beginning watched closely.Sweat smileSweat smile

Hope you pick up soon cyber hugs sent

• Thankyou much better now had a good sleep last night which helps.

Yes on treatment and been on the cancer trail for 20 odd years.

I will be on treatment until this little unwanted visitor eventually gets me but hopfully no time soon and have no intention of giving the fight up.

Normally I cope well with everything to do with the my unwanted guest but this year I have not had great health and keep catching bugs and viruses.  Going to have to make a decision to wear a mask during the winter months this year to give myself a fighting chance.

Having the additional issues health wise I think has taken more put of me than I realised so am reevaluating what I can realistically do and not. Coming to terms I am not super womanLaughing

Have a fab day and hope your treatment goes well.