Unilateral Breast Cancer

• 1 reply
  • 317 subscribers

Hi, I was on here previously at the beginning of the year as I got told I had Breast cancer from my mammogram and ultrasound results but after getting my biopsy results it turns out my lump on my right breast was fibroadenoma which is a benign tumour. It was such a huge relief for my family and I and we thought that was the end of BC in our family. As it turns out my sister in law whose only 46 has now been diagnosed with breast cancer on her right breast I think at Stage 1 but invasive and just today it’s been confirmed she has breast cancer on her left breast now too on her nipple which makes it a unilateral breast cancer for her. This has come such a shock and no doubt more of a shock for her and we’re all very nervous and worried about it as I believe it’s quite an uncommon cancer. I’m just wondering if anyone in here has had this or is going through it or know of anyone else that’s been or going through it and how have they have coped with it. Sorry for the long message! 

• Hi there, I must admit I don't have the answer to your question myself, but I noticed your post hasn't had any replies yet as the site is quite busy it's dropped off the front page. My response will bump you back to the top and I am sure one of the lovely people on here will be along soon to support. Best wishes 

Community Champion badge