Swollen Lymph Node

• 2 replies
  • 317 subscribers

Hi all, 

I finished my treat for TNBC in my left breast in March this year and had my year scan in June (all clear). 

The last month I’ve had a very sore arm to the point I haven’t been able to lift it above my head (I’ve never had any issues post surgery/treatment so this isn’t normal for me). I ignored it as I assumed it was muscle train or something similar. Yesterday I found a lump the size of a pea near my elbow crease in the side it’s been sore. I panicked and thought I had a clot but after seeing a doctor today, they seem to think it’s a swollen lymph node. This has panicked me more than a clot now I’ve thought about it some more. 

Anyone else had any experience with new issues linked to lymph nodes swelling up post surgery? Or lymph nodes in the middle of the your arm swelling up? 

Thanks all, any advice welcome. 

• Hi, this sounds painful and I think once we’ve had surgery we worry about everything.  I haven't had swelling in my arm, but I do have lymphoedema in my breast, as a side effect of the radiotherapy.  I'd suggest to get in touch with your BCN and have a chat and see what they recommend.   You can also give the lovely folks here at Macmillan a call in 0800 808 0000, especially as it's the weekend and you might not want to wait until Monday.  Best wishes 

Community Champion badge

• Yeah I will do. I had spoke to my breast care team on Friday and they said to go to A&E to double check it wasn’t a clot. I was relieved when they said it wasn’t but now panicking about why my lymph node might be reacting.

Sucks trying to move forward and not panic about every little thing. 

Thanks for replying!