Yearly check

• 7 replies
  • 321 subscribers

Hi all

I had my lumpectomy last November after being diagnosed after a mammogram at the end of October. I was wondering when the first year mammogram would be? Would it be in October or a year after treatment. So if anyone could tell me when theirs was I would know when to start ringing if I don't get an appointment.

Thanks 

• Hi

I was diagnosed with breast cancer at the beginning of April 2022 and had surgery at the end of that month. My first yearly mammogram was the end of April 2023.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi there,

I asked this specific question at my "end of treatment" appointment with the breast care nurse. She said it would be one year from the last surgery ( I had a re-excision for close margin). So for me it will be the end of April 2025. She said there was a reason for this ie. that it gave time for the healing process to complete and scar tissue to settle (words to that effect). My diagnosis was in January so I had wondered if it could/would be sooner.. 

• Hi 

I was diagnosed March 23 and had my first mammogram April 24 .

• I have my first mammogram post diagnosis this week and I am very worried about the pain. My breast is still very tender. I shall take painkillers beforehand but did yours hurt?

• I had my first mammogram after my lumpectomy just last week, a year after my surgery. The operator said it might be painful due to tender breast tissue, but in actual fact I found it far less painful than before. And the result came back all clear, thank goodness!

• That's great news  

I've never found mammograms painful but was a little worried about the first one after my surgery but it was still fine.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"