Chemo and Itchy sensitive scalp any suggestions please?

• 3 replies
  • 318 subscribers

Good morning.
I have just had my 2nd treatment of EC and have cold capped for both. I have only washed my hair twice a week and have been using a baby shampoo. My hair on the top of my head has become very thin and the scalp is itchy and sensitive. I have now read that I shouldn't be using a baby  shampoo because of the ph balance.
Can anyone recommend a shampoo and conditioner that is fragrance and colour free and free from parabens and sulphates that worked well.... and any tips on washing hair please.

Thanks

dx

• Hi 

I decided to cut my hair very short as soon as it started to come out. I have completed two rounds of chemo 3rd one this week. I had started to use MooGoo available on Amazon natural milk product. I also seem to get chemo rash nurse gave me Dermol lotion which can be used as a wash and a lotion this does stop the itching. 

• Hi, I cold capped for 8 rounds of chemo and used Faith in Nature fragrance free shampoo and conditioner which worked well and prevented my hair from becoming too dry. I washed my hair just once a week using luke warm water, used a wide toothed comb after washing and left it to dry naturally. My hair was thick to start with and I lost around 40% of it, and the scalp did still get itchy when the hair was shedding which I think is normal. 

• Hi I used Faith in Nature fragrance free. shampoo and conditioner. The  charity Cancer Hair Care suggested added rosemary oil to both the shampoo and the conditioner.  In their website there was a u tube post which explained how to make a an oil for massaging into the scalp.  It was very good.  Their help line was also good.

All the best

ricki