Lobular breast neoplasia

• 3 replies
  • 317 subscribers

Hello! 

I’m just after some advice really! My wife who is 41 has had some nipple discharge (blood at first now brown) and has an ache in her boob. Breast clinic detected 20 cysts and a 1cm mass which has now been diagnosed as a lobular breast neoplasia. A second biopsy is booked in to take samples around the neoplasia but we weren’t really told why? All they said is that they need to ‘dig’ deeper..  The hospital said that no cancer was detected on the first biopsy but there is malignant potential as abnormal cells were located. The lymph nodes were scanned and were given the all clear. 

Has anyone else had something similar? We are both petrified because the symptoms are still ongoing and have been for a few months now.. if there is malignant potential wiil the neoplasia be removed? 

• Hi Coney welcome to the forum. Im wondering if the first biopsy has showed some abnormal cells and they wanted to dig a bit deeper to check what these are. Lobular Breast neoplasia is predominantly benign.

Breast lobular neoplasia 

I found the link to the above information on the Macmillan site and have include it here for you both to read, You need only click the link and it will take you straight to this.

gail

Community Champion Badge

• Hello! Thank you for the response. Been back today, wife has had the 2nd biopsy and excursion. it was confirmed that the Lobular Neoplasia was the cause of the nipple discharge. 

The next appointment is face to face and my wife has been told to bring someone.. We were told that was required because there will most certainly be a treatment plan. 

Head is spinning at the minute but staying positive. 

• Hello hope all is well. Breast Cancer Now have a booklet on Lobular neoplasia.