Sweating

• 4 replies
  • 318 subscribers

Anyone suffering with sweats whilst taking anastrozole. I’m talking sweating whilst dusting and basic things! 

• Hi Frightened,

I had a lumpectomy and lymph nodes removed nearly four months ago, a few weeks later I was put on Letrozole. This tablet helps to keep the cancer away and I have to take one a day for five years.

Unfortunately, like most hormone tablets it’s does give you sweats and hot flushes. I thought I’d finished all that twelve years ago, but you know what, when I think about how bad I could of been, I’ll gladly put up with them.

I know they’re not pleasant, but don’t worry it’s all part and parcel, you will be fine., just drink plenty of water. However, if you’re  concerned, speak to your BCN or Doctor, they will gladly help.

If you need to chat at anytime, please pop in here, we are not a bad shower Grin

Love and hugs.xx

• Hi,

My name is Lynne and I was diagnosed with breast cancer in February 2024 and I was prescribed with Letrozole. I have been taken the medication with mild side effects up until last month, when the hot flushes and cold shivers become unbearable at times and I have had real trouble sleeping ever since.

I am also on anxiety medication but my anxiety levels have also increased at the time, leading to me struggling to cope with the side effects and the exhaustion.

I have had numerous tests at the hospital, who have ruled out anything else causing this including kidney function.

I was hoping that by reaching out on here, there would be someone who has experienced similar to this before and could maybe give some advice for something that helped these symptoms? Or maybe just to see if the side effects did eventually ease? I know that everyone’s journey is different, but I am struggling to cope at the moment so wanted to reach out.

Thank you

• Hi  , just a thought. By any chance have you changed brands of Letrozole in the last few months? I know it probably sounds a silly question. But I know from experience on Tamoxifen that different brands had different side effects even though they were the same drug! 

If you haven’t changed brands then all I can personally suggest is trying a menopause magnet! It’s worn on your underwear and although sounds odd. It worked for me when I was desperate enough to try anything!

After that I went on to acupuncture! If you are near a Maggies centre or Force Centre, they sometimes offer this as a free therapy! Although I currently go privately to one and she’s really helped me.

You can try your GP who if like mine will offer an antidepressant which is supposed to help. But that’s only useful if you are happy to take more drugs and are prepared for it to affect your mood. I found life sort of plateaued my emotions became stagnant. I never felt really low, but equally I never felt really happy! Didn’t realise this until I stopped taking them!

As you can see I tried all sorts! But like you I was struggling! Hopefully reading my post you will at least see that you are not alone! Hopefully it’s helped a little. Sending you a (((((((gentle Hug))))))))

Sal xxxx

• Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply and suggestions. I will speak to my GP and hopefully get to try them.

Thank you again