Post op

• 5 replies
  • 318 subscribers

Hello all

I had a lumpectomy and sentinel node biopsy on 9th May and have an appointment for my results on 31st May.

Today I've had a letter with an oncology appointment in June. Is this normal? I'm just wondering if its because they already have my results and they're not good or if it's just to plan radiotherapy treatment as I was told this would be likely?

My mind's all over the place.

Thanks, Lynne 

• I think it’s to arrange your radiotherapy appointments as I was told that. 

• Hi  , it sounds like it’s to discuss the next ‘step’ - in my case, my oncology appointment was to discuss radiotherapy (and sign consent forms for it) and to get my first prescription for hormone therapy, which for me was Anastrozole. So it just sounds like things are moving forward. It’s a horrible limbo time, waiting for appointments and results. Love and hugs, HFxx

HappyFeet1 xx
    Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi
  • Thank you HappyFeet1, I think.thats probably all it's about. I've just been sat thinking about it and worrying about it. The waiting is hard as your mind goes through all.the what ifs. It's such a help to be able to come on here and ask questions when you feel so out of your depth.

Love and hugs to you too xx

• I'm think so too, thank you 

• Since having my Lumpectomy  almost 5 weeks ago , I am having excruciating pain in my back.  A couple of days after operation, the pain was unbearable. I felt as if my spine was being ripped apart. I could not even bare the elasticated waist band from my pyjamas near my back. Is this normal? If I vacuum I am in so much pain after. I know back pain can be a side effect from Lumpectomy but this pain is excruciating at times.