High temperature after COVID booster

• 6 replies
  • 315 subscribers

Hi there, I had my COVID booster this morning and am now feeling pretty dreadful with a temperature of 38.9. I'm  currently on Abemaciclib, Letrozole and Zoledronic acid and I know that my wbc is on the low side. 

My question is - is it worrying to have a high temperature or just something to be expected after a booster? Should I be ringing the cancer helpline? I haven't had a temperature after any of my previous COVID boosters. Has anyone else been in this situation? Thanks for your help.

• Hi Veep, sorry you are not feeling too well.  I have felt bad after covid boosters before but not an actual temperature.  38.9 is very high (102F) so I would suggest calling your helpline.  

Just checked my book and it says anything over 37.5 to call.

Hope it's nothing and you feel better soon, big hugs.

Jules

• Thank you for replying Jules65. I think you're right and probably best to be on the safe side. Also, my temperature is continuing to go up. It's now 39. I shall ring and see what the advice is.

• Well, just spent the night in hospital. Temperature still keeps spiking but feeling lots better now. The doctor says there's no sign of infection but they just want to keep me here a bit longer until my temp is back to normal. 

• Hi Veep,

So sorry to hear you needed to go to hospital, but you are in the best place.  Glad there is no infection and hopefully it's just reaction to the booster.  

Hope you feel better soon, sending you hugs.

Jules 

• Yes they think it's just a bad reaction. I've not had anything that bad with my other boosters but I'm not sure if I've had Moderna before. Anyway, I'm feeling so much better and looking forward to some breakfasSlight smilet Slight smile

• HI Veep, that's great news.

Sounds like you're improving minute by minute.  Enjoy your breakfast Slight smile

Jules