Breast forms

• 11 replies
  • 312 subscribers

Hi all, 

Please could anyone tell me if they have used the adapt air breast forms and if so are they as good and compfy as they look? 

I've seen them on amoena website. They costly but would happily pay if they good. 

www.amoena.com/.../

Stay well and sending you all love Heart 

Sarah xx

• Hi Sarah - I use the breast forms from M&S very light and very comfy. I am small though - they are only £10.00 so worth a try at that price .wishing you lots of luck - sorry for any spelling errors have broken my right arm . X

• I use Boost from company of the same name. I love them - they are not trying to be a breast - really great colours too. Very light to wear and non sweaty. I’d never touch another silicone fake breast‘form’ again good luck finding the best one for you - it took 2 years for me!! Sunflower

• I’ve seen those boost forms on line, I’m going to be flat soon, but been told firmly not to buy anything - yet. I’ve also talked about knitted knockers, again told not to make any decisions yet. 

but it’s good to know M&S do them as well; do they have different sizes? 

not going to worry yet as I gather my surgery may well be complex and I may well get quite a bit of swelling post op. So I’m going with what the hospital advise to start with.

hugs xxx

Moomy

• I was given a temporary soft prosethesis by the hospital and will get a permanent one once the swelling has gone down. The temporary one is ok but not perfect as it’s not exactly the same as my other breast and it’s slightly uncomfortable but only wear it when I’m dressed or if going out. 

• It depends what size you are,  but I found that anything without weight rides up.  I wear a 'Bean a Boob', a bit like a bean bag in boob shape which also changes to a flatter shape when lying down,  and had enough weight to stay put!

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet.  Stephen Hawking,
  • Hi Moony

i just want to send best wishes to you for your surgery. I think your idea to wait till you’ve recovered before making any decisions. There is no hurry - the breast care nurses should sort you out with ‘softies’ to go home with and later a fitting for an NHS prosthesis. Then you can try other options.

Just concentrate on one thing at a time. Recovery might take a while but it’s definitely possible.

Best wishes 

Gemma

• Good luck and hope you soon feel better. Thank you for this. Yes, I feel maybe I'm panicking a little and need to take things slower and step at a time. 

My daughter's getting married in September and just want to look ok for her xx 

• I’m sure you’ll look great,  Hope you’ve got a lovely outfit as mother of the bride? Don’t forget photos….! I’ve got to look great 12 days post surgery as I’m ’on duty’ as a pretend Wren at the museum I volunteer in! They do have contingency plans in case I’m not fit enough but I do want to be! 

Hugs xxx

Moomy

• I too am like you, not so much panicking but worrying about breast forms etc ! 

I have been told they supply softies after surgery and prosethis later but I have still brought breast from from m&s just in case. As back up.

Mastectomy next Wednesday, not got anything big planned not until July thou.

Good luck x. 

• Wow that's fantastic and youvare amazing well done xx