Nuclear Bone & CT scan

• 6 replies
  • 311 subscribers

Hi all, I had a bone & CT scan recently and thankfully they were clear but the letter just says that the scans were negative in that no evidence of cancer was found.

I was so relieved that I forgot to ask if the scans only check for cancer spread and if there was anything else dodgy going on,  would it be flagged on the scan?  Does anyone know if it’s only cancer that’s flagged up in these scans 

many thanks :) 

• Hi Meanegg welcome to the forum. I think that sounds like good news for you. I dont know enough about the scans but Im imagining that if they are all negative that would mean no evidence of Cancer present, which is great news.  What else would you have liked to have known from the scans?

gail

Community Champion Badge

• Hi I am glad your scans were clear. I know in my case that something else not cancer related showed up on my ct scan, I had a mri scan to investigate this. I’m not sure if that’s the case for all consultants/ hospitals. 
    kind regards 

Jen. 

• Thanks so much for replies.   In my case I was scanned as I’ve been experiencing bone aches in ribs & hip.

Thankfully it’s not cancer metastasis but wondered if any other non cancerous issues would be flagged up if they were there e.g. arthritis 

• Don’t think tthey flag anything else. I had to do a separate bone density scan. But that’s just my idea.

Also, though I hate saying that it may be stress related… in this case, if it’s just now that you’re in pain, I wouldn’t worry much. When I was waiting for my bone scan everything hurt. Do tell your consultant though.

• The first time I had a CT scan, the report flagged up several things, not all of which were cancer related. The hospital duly investigated a number of them. 

• My recent one flagged up ‘wear and tear’ in lower back, so arthritis (which I knew about) but no metastatic changes. 

Hugs xxx

Moomy