Feeling a bit overwhelmed today

• 6 replies
  • 316 subscribers

I was diagnosed in January with grade 2 invasive lobular carcinoma and have been undergoing further tests. On Monday I was told that the cancer is larger than first though and I’m booked in for a mastectomy on 21st May. I’ve been feeling pretty ok about it all apart from the frustration of waiting for results. I thought I would do something practical this morning and start looking a post surgery bra options and now feel a bit overwhelmed 

• Hi, I'm feeling overwhelmed today as well but unlike you I've been a bit of a mess from the start! It's frustrating when ypu get your head round something then the plan changes. 

I was all geared up for a mastectomy on the 25th but was told yesterday my oncotype score was high (29) so am now having chemo first. As a natural pessimist and full time worrier I'm sure my mind is making this whole "adventure" worse than it needs to be. 

Regarding the bras I decided to order some cheap front fastening ones from Asda knowing I'll probably end up buying lots I didn't want to spend too much and had seen these recommended by someone on here. 

Not sure if that's a helpful post but know you're not alone xxx

• Thank you for responding if there’s one thing I’ve learnt it’s that no two journeys are the same and that not all of them run smoothly.

I hope all goes well with the chemo and your surgery afterwards.

Ive been looking round and part of the issue I am facing is most of the shops stop at an E cup some helpfully go to a G cup but if you’re slightly more endowed you are very limited in where you can shop and cheaper bras are not an option.

• I bought a brilliant bra from cancer research for my mastectomy and it was absolutely brilliant. Still wearing it 2 months later.

• I bought the Asda front fastening bras too. Have used them for sleeping and daytime support and prefer them to the Amoena bras that were four times the price but supplied and recommended by my BCN. Size was pretty true to suggestion. I had been a 34H but had reduction and implant following mastectomy so probably 34d and Large fits perfectly. Picture in my bio. 

• Thank you all for your responses. Can anyone advise where to look for larger bras? I’m a 38HH and struggling to find anywhere other than bravissimo who I usually use but ouch they can be expensive 

• Hi,I'm a G cup and found mine in M&S, hope this helps.  Best wishes 

Community Champion badge