The waiting game for all results!!

• 213 replies
  • 332 subscribers

Hi 

I've been reading either posts about waiting for the results. I'm just seeing how other people cope and what they do in the meantime and how long do they give before contacting the hospital.

My story found a lump and dimpling, saw a GP on the 19th January refered to consultant on 25th. Mammogram on the 2nd Feb. Ultrasound on the 4th. Found a dominate lump 4cm  with other small lumps took biopsy. Also lymph nodes under armpit on same side do had biopsy on them too!  Mri scan on 6th Feb and was told results 1 to 2 weeks!! 

The day before mri scan had to have blood tests as on high blood pressure tablets..I'm trying not to get stressed bit it's not knowing is the hardest bit. 

Hubby and son know but not told parents they are in their 80s so don't want to worry them just yet!! 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi, I've had 3 biopsies yesterday including lymph and have an MRI on Thursday. All unexpected and my consultant is concerned. I'm absolutely worrying myself sick with a 2 week wait. I'm sore, tired and googling myself stupid. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Jackiewackie10

I'm the same. Google wormholes and over thinking plus anxiety and stress.

• I'm up at silly o'clock on my phone. Trying to keep busy but it's always there lingering!! 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Jackiewackie10

I absolutely know how you feel. I'm sore from yesterday's biopsy and I'm off work and just sat googling.  Disappointed If you need a vent message anytime. X

• Sorry you are having to wait…but it may not be a bad thing. I was actually told on the day I saw the consultant for the first time. I had a mammogram then a biopsy and they told me right away they believed it was cancer. This was good and bad. I was alone, I had driven the 20 miles to the hospital and I was going to the USA in 48 hours for 3 weeks. 

Long story short..they told me to go on holiday. Three days after I got home I saw the consultant again. He told me all about my cancer. He actually said that it was really good that I was away for 3 weeks as it allowed them to do thorough testing before my appointment. They told me there are timescales they have to meet and in normal circumstances I would have been seen again sooner. But at that point they wouldn’t have had all the facts. So for me the delay was worth it as at appointment 2 I knew everything there was to know about the type of cancer I had. My tissue was sent to the USA and it took 3 weeks to come back. It allowed me to be part of the decision making process as it gave odds of recurring etc. 

• I hope u had a wonderful time in the USA, a very good distraction ! 

I had a lovely distraction yesterday afternoon after work, making pancakes Pancakes 

On my 1st visit I was told normally I would get mammogram and ultrasound on the same day but both equipments were not working. The mammogram was at another hospital about 14 miles away on the Friday and the ultrasound on the Sunday morning back at the local hospital.. both these times went on my own. 

• Update. I have just looked at my NHS App and the waiting list has been updated on the same day I had my ultrasound. 

I'm really hoping that I will see the consultant before then.so I can prepare myself etc 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Ruva

My goodness, I've just read your profile and can't believe what you've been through. Back and forth, chasing things and so much stress and worry. Major positive vibes being sent to you, you're a brave lady. 

• Hi Rebbellyell,

I wouldn’t describe myself as brave at all. I’m in fight mode I guess and we all get to that point where we chose one or the other and sometimes it’s ok to fleer between the two-it’s in our DNA! 
    I have a Radiotherapy planning session tomorrow and then more waiting or fighting for session dates! All the best for your MRI tomorrow!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Ruva

Thank you, I'm not sure what to expect. I hope your radiotherapy planning goes well. I suppose the fight is in us all somewhere....