Post lumpectomy advice

• 1 reply
  • 313 subscribers

I had a lumpectomy two years ago for triple negative breast cancer which has left me with a marked difference in the size and position of my breasts.

I was warned of this before surgery and was told that in time (two years) I could have surgery to correct this. Now two years have passed it’s turns out it would not be medically advisable to have further surgery due to other medical conditions I have and my age,. I am 73.
Over the past two years I haven’t managed to overcome the practical problems of obtaining  the right bra and prosthesis. Even when I am fully dressed people have commented on the difference and I have avoided going swimming.
On an emotional level I avoid seeing myself naked as it is a reminder I have had cancer. Although my initial breast surgery was successful I experienced no end of complications and setbacks after surgery. All I have ever wanted to do is put the whole cancer treatment experience behind me which I am unable to do every time I catch sight of my breast.
Have any of you explained such a problems and can you offer any advise how to overcome these difficulties.
  • Hi  , sorry you have had these issues post lumpectomy. I haven’t had a similar experience but thought I’d reply as it will bump your thread back up and hopefully someone with relevant experience will then reply. Love and hugs, HFxx

HappyFeet1 xx
    Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi