Chemo brain/ brain fog

• 2 replies
  • 315 subscribers

Hi I haven’t posted on here for quite a while as been trying to get my head around everything, and trying hard to except the ‘new norm’ I now have,,,,, I was wondering how many survivors out there suffer with what they call brain fog/ chemo brain and how you all are adapting to it.

• Hi Babs73

I finished my chemo for Endometrial cancer in Aug 2022. I still have some chemo brain but it is much better than it was. I would say it is slowly improving but I am still aware of it. Others do not notice but I do.

I write lists a lot. I find doing things like online puzzles can help. Taking short regular breaks. I still find it hard to focus on reading/ tv but it is getting better. It's like sometimes I can't think of a word and I forget names. Sometimes it's just about giving myself a bit of extra processing time. I am still seen every 12 weeks so everything is being monitored. I would just say it takes time and it can improve. I think with chemo it can be very common, especially in the early days afterwards.

I found this helpful......

Cognitive changes (chemo brain) | Macmillan Cancer Support

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• well we just deal, its a real thing and most say it will get better, i feel less foggy, but still lose descriptions or words for things, but then past 35 its a new thing anyway.

drink lots of water, solution to pollution is dilution huhs and give yourself time