Scalp care

• 6 replies
  • 315 subscribers

Hi,

Since my hair started falling out, my scalp is quite sensitive and itchy. I've cut my hair short, but it hasn't really helped. Any advice please?

• Hi LuckyD

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble with your scalp care. 
    Have you looked at the Look Good Feel Better workshops? I participated last week on hair loss and they had really good ideas of how to help alleviate itchiness  

https://lookgoodfeelbetter.co.uk/hair-loss-scalp-care-new-growth-workshop/

They are online so easy to access. There are also some good U Tube videos from Cancer Hair care who actually lead the LGFB workshop. Tea tree oil seems to be the magic ingredient but check for how to use it  

https://www.cancerhaircare.co.uk/

Ive only just started chemo so no hair loss yet but very soon I’ll be experiencing it as I’m on EC  

Hope you find something to help 

Kaza1 

• i would recommend some good quality jojoba oil and applying and massaging gently. when my hair first started falling my scalp felt tight, so i bought those rubber head massager thingies and jojoba and massaged a bit to ease the tightness

. i also on used shampoo like once every three weeks, just warm water mostly because hardly any hair and chemo dries u up anyway.

i also made so e rosemary water to spray on. 

• Thank you. I'm booked on it nearer the end of the month as I couldn't do one earlier. I'll look at both those links.

• Thank you. How did you make your rosemary water? I'll check with Dr Google. Did leave the shampoo this morning, as there wasn't enough hair to shampoo.

• Hi

I finished my chemotherapy, hair now growing back.  I used Uklash hair serum, also health by nature rosemary shampoo and conditioner ,even when I lost my hair I carried on using this shampoo and conditioner , I did not have any problems with my scalp. I did shave my hair straight off as soon as it started falling out. 

• basically just boil fresh rosemary for a few mins then let steep.

from web, it will turn a reddish colour

• Boil 2 cups (470 mL) of water on the stove, then add 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary and let the mixture simmer for 15 minutes.
    • Remove the pot from heat and let it cool for 30 minutes, then strain the water into a spray bottle or a mason jar.
    • Spritz the rosemary water into your hair and work it into your scalp 2-4 times a week to speed up hair growth and cut down on dandruff.