Best travel insurance after cancer

• 5 replies
  • 315 subscribers

Hello, I have completed chemo, had surgery, had radiotherapy and about to finish residual chemo in the middle of March. I am technically cancer free since July 2023. Planning to finally go on holiday abroad. Can I get travel insurance at “normal” price? Can you recommend which insurance companies to get a quote from?

• If you bank with Nationwide you can get cover at an extra premium. The only questions asked were have I completed treatment and did I refuse any treatment. Answers for me were yes (Q1) and no (Q2). I believe the extra premium only applies the first year. X

• There’s a specific group for travel insurance, you can search for it on the site. There are a number of recommendations on there.

however, my daughter (different cancer) needs to travel for work as well as pleasure, she still had active cancer at the time, but used insurancewith and continues with an annual policy from them. 

It’s often useful to phone to discuss, the phone handlers can help sort cover better for your individual needs. 

Hugs xxx

Moomy

• I didn’t have any trouble getting travel insurance 12 months on from diagnosis. It’s slightly more expensive but nothing really. I’m currently with Admiral. 
    Istarted with the travel comparison sites. 

• I had Admiral Gold a couple of months ago for Europe, really reasonably priced.

• I have cover through my bank account and once I finished treatment they were happy to continue covering me at no extra cost. I disclosed fully and they were fine about it. I was still having phesgo injections but it made no difference to the cover.