Fibroadenoma?

• 7 replies
  • 315 subscribers

If at the ultrasound and during biopsy they say they suspect fibroadenoma would they be pretty confident in order to say that? I went for a private ultrasound scan as the nhs wait was over the 2ww and the ultrasound dr said he was swaying towards it being something benign. I then got referred back to the nhs for the biopsy as they couldn’t be sure  and the different ultrasound dr said they thought it was most likely a fibroadenoma. I’m still waiting for the biopsy results and getting more worried by the day but does that sound positive? The wait is horrendous!

• Hello Picklesmh

I hope you don't mind me responding as I had a different type of cancer but I noticed you had not yet had a reply. Hopefully someone who has experienced similar will now see your post and respond.

Waiting for the results is so hard. I remember waiting for mine after my endometrial biopsy and each day I was becoming more and more anxious. I actually felt a bit better when I find out for sure as it was better the the worrying and not knowing. 

I hope that you do not have to wait too much longer and hopefully the results will come back that it is indeed a fibroadenoma as they suspect. The thing is without the biopsy results they can not know for sure so even if they are pretty certain they have to be careful not to reassure you too soon. 

In the meantime, if talking things through would help, then please do give the Support Line a call - the number is below and they are lovely on there.

Keeping everything crossed for you. Let us know how you get on and either way we are here for you.

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• I'm not a doctor, but from what I've heard, it's common for doctors to give their best guess based on the ultrasound, but they usually wait for the biopsy results to confirm. So, while it's a good sign they're leaning towards fibroadenoma, try not to stress too much until you get those biopsy results.

• Thank you very much for replying. I keep swaying between utter panic and then calming down. I just don’t want to get my hopes up too much and then it hit harder if the results aren’t what I want them to be. Thank you for the information and the kind words x 

• I understand and remember the panic. Maybe give your GP a call on Monday and see if any results have come through to them. During my cancer diagnosis and treatments often my GP would be sent things digitally and get them before me. I had a check recently and the follow up letter took just over a week to get to me. My GP had it sent the same day. 

Good Luck

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• I am currently in the same boat….. fingers crossed it was good news for you and for me xx

• It wasn’t good news for me unfortunately and I’m now nearly half way through chemo. They did biopsy something else on the other side and that was a fibroadenoma. I think remain optimistic until told otherwise is the best way to go. Fingers crossed for you!