Breast reconstruction

• 4 replies
  • 311 subscribers

Hi everone. I have a question. Has anyone had breast reconstruction. How long does recovery take after reconstruction? And are you satisfied?

• Hi again

I think the timing of your 2 questions must have been when no-one was around!!  

Bumping this post back to the top for you as well to be able to get it noticed.

Kindest wishes, Lesley

Community Champion Badge

• I had mastectomy with immediate reconstruction just under 3 weeks ago. Skin sparing surgery with teardrop shape implant. Nipple had to be removed but saved a good amount of areola. Really happy with breast shape and size. I was told that if I need chemo and or/radiotherapy this will be probably harden the implant so it may need revision afterwards 

• Hi.  Had mine in late Feb but it's only temporary so far.  Recovery I think would be the same.  I was up and about on day 2 and I ran for the first time after 5 weeks.  It was bruised still but wound healed.  Any questions let me know 

• I was asking the same question a few days ago. Im 10 months post mastectomy and 4 months post radio. I never thought I’d consider reconstruction, but wouldn’t mind a diep flap op, the free tummy tuck is tempting! Grin. Are you considering an immediate reconstruction or have you already had surgery? Good luck in whatever’s you decide! xx