Walking back to Happiness

• 10861 replies
  • 420 subscribers

Well. Welcome to this thread.

You may be surprised why it is here or happy it is here. Then again: ‘You have got to be joking! Do you know what is wrong with me?’ may be your response.

This all began on the Extreme Fatigue thread. On there several people wanted and needed inspiration/incentive to get out and walk. Many people see the benefits of it in their life and to help on this; mad journey, train ride, rollercoaster ride and other positively rude words journey called Breast Cancer.

It is not a thread created to make anyone feel less than they do at present. It is not a thread that will set people against one another. Being competitive with yourself or a simple challenge to yourself is the point, but not a race against others is a key premis.

The idea is that you can do any of these or none:

1. Post when you have walked.
  2. Post how many minutes you walked for.
  3. Post how you felt before, during or after. Or not at all.
  4. Post pictures from your walk, but ones that do not point to where you live.
  5. Post inspirational quotes, thoughts or comments.
  6. A simple like of people’s efforts is fine. No need to write an essay unless you feel the need.
  7. On a safety note. Do tell friends, family or the thread when you leave and return safely. Be aware of your personal safety at all times.

Well here goes.

Either it will grow and blossom, with lots of lovely people benefiting. Or I will have egg all over my face – not for the first time in my chequered life and career.

Leolady – may be adding in the odd gallop to my walks.

PS if you don't like us don't be cruel.

• Lovely pics  . I remember doing that years ago , (low Pyrennes) magnificent scenery. Xx

Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!

• Today mum and I walked through a park we found and here is a tree for the tree lovers......and back into town a bougainvillea 

1. I
  • A week in Northumberland lovely couple of days so far walking on beaches around Beadnell and Craster . Niece getting married tomorrow so will have leave walking gear behind .

lovely colours and shapes of seaweed                                                 The horses over our holiday wall 

One step at a time and ...Breathe !
    xoxox
    Margaret
  • Very attractive photos, !

they would make art works for people’s walls.Love the pink (.) seaweed?

when I first read it I thought it said ,”NICE ,getting married tomorrow,so will have to leave the walking gear behind”about yourself !!

Xxx

• Joy   our wedding was 53yr ago lol and not as posh as this venue lol Joy we staying for a week in a lovely two bedroom house for same price as two nights in garden room at the the venue ….A Country Hall . 

One step at a time and ...Breathe !
    xoxox
    Margaret
  • Walked into Sandylands and over the break to the sea, a bit wild and windy but lovely Sandy dunes and beach, didn’t get as far as Sutton on Sea but was nearly there, decided that as the chippy is shut on Mondays I’d cook back at Goldie! 

Hugs xxx

Moomy

• Oh Goodness! sorry about the mis speed-reading!Joy Glad your marriage has lasted so long…congratulations…!
     I hope you enjoy your nice break.

My nice friends who I met on holiday were in town and came to visit…we had coffee in the garden of a local pretty Cafe Rouge.The footie was on in the next pub garden over the wall with a really terrible singer…we laughed and took our hearing aids out or down.It was a very high ancient wall so we were getting the best side!Yes-summer’s out !

I had a week doing nice things last week,as I hadn’t been able to have a holiday(cancelled).I went to see “Sleeping Beauty”,and finished my books for a change to crafting.

had an ice cream in a lovely garden and visited a gorgeous local old Village with my visiting sister.I couldn’t go away but decided to have “the week off” anyway!!

A change is as good as a rest…..xx

• I'm up near Ayr for a week. Have spent a large chunk of yesterday at the Rabbie Burns museum. Today, took the train to Glasgow and went to the Mackintosh at the Willow for lunch, exhibition and a look round. This is the tea rooms now renovated and originally designed by Charles Rennie Macintosh. Then took the subway to Kelvingrove Museum where we walked round for 2 hours. Still struggling with aching joints but soldiered on. Have walked alot but not many pics as they are all on my camera.  Back at lodge with feet up but hot tub calling later. Weather is lovely. Sleep is still chronic so tired. Hugs to all xx

• Walked into Sutton , around, shopped, had a coffee in a cafe (to use their loo!) and decided to walk back too. Covered just over 5 miles! 

Hugs xxx

Moomy

• Lovely pics of time out, about and away. Lots of walking too. Tai Chi yesterday but need to top up Pilates/Yoga and walking. I seem to have reduced time out and about but yet to address new footwear. I’ve found somewhere that sells Vionic footwear so will be able to try something on for size/fit. Lacking sleep from last night so feeling less energetic today. 

“ The only constant thing in life is change “