Bad dreams on Tamoxifen

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 14 replies
  • 315 subscribers

Hi, just wondering if anyone else has experienced bad dreams / nightmares on Tamoxifen? Or if this is just my post surgery / pre radiotherapy brain working overtime? I have literally just woken myself up screaming

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Yes Kat I do, I've had the weirdest most vivid dreams ever since starting tamoxifen 9 months ago! X 

• Likewise I have really vivid and bizarre dreams too every night, thankfully not nightmares however. I wasn't sure if it was the tamoxifen or the amitriptyline I take for nerve pain, but seems it's the tamoxifen! If you take it at night maybe try switching to the morning and see if you get a more settled sleep?

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thank you for your reply Jobey x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Clump

Thanks Clump. I already take in on a morning!!x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Have weird dreams too... But the night sweats arghhhhh does anyone else suffer? I wake up n find I am soaked down my cleavage area .

kat x

• I thought i was alone in the bad dreams ! I have really awful ones. 

The other night in my nightmare there were 4 decomposed bodies on my living room floor. and just last night I dreamt me and husband were in the graveyard digging up corpses to steal their jewellery! horrible. hope it dosent last long.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to mildredthecat

Hi everyone, I to am having strange dreams every night and I am on letrozole not tamoxifen so can only assume there must be something similar in both tablets.  Here's to the next 4.5years of strange dreams. Lol

• I get weird dreams too - I'm on Anastrozole which I take in the morning. I don't get nightmares, but just strange dreams some of which are not very nice.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to kateandbiz

Thank you for all of your replies xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I was on Letrozole, then Anastrozole which both gave me such horrendous side effects (the worst being a terrible skin rash) I was told to stop taking them. After 2 weeks off all medication, I took my second Tamoxifen tablet last night and had the most horrendous nightmare. I have just been researching and several people seem to be saying that this stops after a few weeks.