My grandmas brain tumour diagnosis

• 1 reply
  • 53 subscribers

Hi everyone, my grandma has just been diagnosed with a brain tumour, which has come as a huge shock as she is so fit and healthy and seemed fine. I’m just looking for some reassurance as I have no experience with cancer and feel like this must not be real and I will wake up and it’s all a dream. 

• Hi Bri123

a warm welcome to the group. Sorry to hear about your grandma. Every diagnosis comes as a huge shock.

I'm supporting my husband through his stage 4 brain tumour journey. I'm not big on giving advice as such but focus on the facts that your grandma's medical team are giving you. Don't listen to Dr Google. - he's a scary man! There are thousands of different types of brain tumour and each one is unique to the person as no two are the same size, in the same place or having the same effects.  Take this journey one step at a time and focus on the facts not the what ifs. Easier said than done I know.

This group is a safe and supportive space so please reach out here anytime. There's always someone around to listen, someone who gets it, someone to hold your hand and offer a virtual hug when its needed. You're not alone.

It’s always good to talk so please remember that you can also call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear

For now I'm sending you positive love and light and a huge virtual hug. Stay positive. Stay strong.

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm