Hello

• 4 replies
  • 53 subscribers

Hi all,

I am new here. I'm Gemma,  My husband has symptoms of a brain tumour, struggles with mobility, migraines, feeling hungover, sick, tired. He will be getting his results of his scans tomorrow.

Any advice? How long after scans did results come back? I am seriously worried about him. He is very much struggling to walk, get up stairs and its not like him  has a very active person.

He's had a CT scan.

Any advice please as I am terrified.

Gemma

• HI Gemma

a warm welcome to the group. So sorry to hear about what your husband is going through. Hopefully the scan results will give you a clearer picture of what's going on. Try not to assume the worst here and avoid Dr Google - he's scary!

Not knowing is far scarier than knowing what you are dealing with.

My husband was diagnosed with a stage 4 brain tumour in Sept 2020. He had both CT and MRI scans before his diagnosis and surgery. So if the CT doesn't give the answers your husband's medical team need, they may do an MRI too. Again, don't assume the worst - they just need to sure before voicing any diagnosis. In our experience the results have usually been through in about a week.

This group is a safe supportive space so please reach out here anytime. There's always someone around who gets it, someone to hold your hand, and offer that virtual hug when its needed. You're not alone.

It’s always good to talk so please remember that you can also call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

For now, I'm sending you lots of positive energy, love and light and hugs. 

Love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi,

Thank you so much for replying. Yes of course it will be better once we know what we are dealing with.

Can I ask what symptoms your husband had?

• HI

he had a funny turn out running in July 2020 where he realised that he didn't know what the words for things were and in fact couldn't read or understand language. He kept running and slowty as he tried to read the name badges on the cars he was passing the reading ability returned. He got a huge fright and went to the drs after that.

His tumour is in the Broca's Area of the brain that controls speech and language and understanding. Physically he's still incredibly fit and ran the London marathon a week past on Sunday. 

He's had a couple of episodes that have been described as seizures where he loses understanding and the ability to form words or gets stuck on one word. 

hope that helps. But please remember everyone is different here so please don't go assuming the worst. 

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Its the opposite with DH, he is fine with he speech etc but its his mobility that is impaired and feeling sick a lot. 

Well he will hopefully get the results tomorrow and we can see what we are dealing with.

Thank you for your kind words xxxxx