Hello

• 1 reply
  • 53 subscribers

I have been told today that I have 3-6 Months to live.

What do I do with this information. I am struggling. 

• HI Whfc72

a warm welcome to the group. So sorry to hear that you've been given such horrible news. Nothing prepares you to hear a diagnosis like that and its only natural that you're struggling.

My husband was diagnosed with a stage 4 brain tumour in Sept 2020 and I've been supporting him through his journey for the past two years. I can empathise with where you are at just now and relate to how scared you are.

You've not given much detail so I don't want to say anything here that makes things seem any worse. This group is a really safe and supportive space. I've personally drawn a lot of support from it over the past two years so please reach out here anytime. There's always someone here to listen who gets it, someone to listen, hold your hand and offer that virtual hug when its needed. You're not alone here.

It’s always good to talk so please remember that you can also call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

One simple suggestion I'd make ahead of your next appointment with the medical team is to write down all your questions/fear and concerns and take those notes to the appointment with you. There's no such thing as a silly question so write them all down. The notes can act as a script and will help you to stay on track during the discussion and ensure that you remember to ask all the questions about the things that are important to you. Those early appointments are emotionally overwhelming. If possible you might want to think about taking someone with you to the appointment too.

For now, I'm sending you lots of positive energy, love and light and a huge virtual hug. Take this one step at a time. Avoid Dr Google- he's a scary man. Listen to the information that you've been given that's personal to you. Reaching out here so quickly shows that you are strong - it took me weeks to reach out for support. You've taken that first step and we're here for you.

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm