New to group

• 1 reply
  • 54 subscribers

Hi I'm new to this group. My husband was diagnosed with a brain tumour last November. He was admitted to hospital in August after he  started to have seizures again, the tumour has now spread rapidly since his last MRI scan in May and is now high grade, we have been told he only had months left to live, the tumour cannot be operated on due to where it is located and he will shortly be starting radiotherapy treatment. It had been such a shock to us and I feel so sad and scared what is going to happen to him in the coming months

• HI Flowergirl1

a warm welcome to the group. So sorry to hear about your husband. Life's too cruel.

I can empathise with where you are at. My husband was diagnosed in Sept 2020 with a stage 4 brain tumour. They were able to operate and debulk his tumour then he had 6 weeks of oral chemo/radiotherapy. He coped really well with that without any real side effects other than fatigue.

This group is a really safe supportive space so please reach out here anytime. There's always someone around to listen who gets it, someone to hold your hand and offer a virtual hug when its needed. You're not alone.

It’s always good to talk so please remember that you can also call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

Please make sure that you take good care of yourself too here. Take some "me time" - it's not selfish. It's essential to help keep your batteries charged so go for that coffee with friends or a walk - whatever it is that you helps you feel like you. For me that's walking and journaling/writing and some daily yoga.

For now, I'm sending you a huge virtual hug. Stay strong. Remember to breathe.

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm