Newly diagnosed metastatic brain tumour (lung cancer) in frontal lobe and cerebellum.

• 1 reply
  • 53 subscribers

Hi Folks. 

I have recently been diagnosed with terminal brain tumours  I was already stage 4 lung cancer so on borrowed time already. Obviously declined stereotactic treatment and I decided against whole brain radiotherapy due to the risk are greater than the benefits. The Quartz trial discussed by my Oncologist supports that viewpoint. Therefore, treatment at present is anti epileptic drugs and steroids to keep any pressures down. I am quite Zen about my situation and laying down some memories for my family and friends. I am fairly independent with my partner ( whom lives separately to me) doing the more demanding household tasks. Walking is most difficult as somehow, my meds and tumour cause weak thighs! I just cant feel my hips and thigh muscles which is weird! Otherwise I feel ok but get breathless easily. 

I have Docataxel (done cycle 3 of 6) every 3 weeks for a tumour on left underarm lymph node with twice daily Nantaninb tablets targeted therapy. Last CT scan showed this to be stable. Due another MRI soon, I expect to see if any changes since last one on 28th June. 

So that's me.... will be nice to hear from any of you, especially if you have a similar story. 

• Hi Sal60

a warm welcome to the online community. So sorry to hear about all you've been through. Sounds like you have a great attitude to this though.

My husband was diagnosed GBM4 in Sept 2020 and after his initial surgery and 6 weeks of radiotherapy/chemo decided against any further treatment. He wants quality of life over quantity and has been doing as much as he can while he can. He's fiercely defending  his independence and is beyond stubborn which for me and our family and friends can be frustrating at times as we just want to help.

Hope you get good results from your MRI when the time comes. So far- touch wood- we've been lucky at his  3 monthly scans. His next appointment is Oct so we'll see what news it brings.

Please reach out here anytime. This group is a really safe supportive space and there's always someone around here to listen, to hold your hand and offer that virtual hug when its needed. 

It’s always good to talk so please remember that you can also call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

For now, I'm sending you a huge virtual hug, love and light. 

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm