Brain tumour

• 1 reply
  • 52 subscribers

Hi new to this group ...my 4yr old son has been diagnosed with Glioma ..he had surgery to remove the tumour but they cudnt remove it all as it wud have been to dangerous ...had his 3 month mri and been told its grown again ...his dr doesny know.if hes gonna start chemo yet ...is it wise.to leave it or should i be pushing for.the chemo 

• HI Emma93

a warm welcome to the group. So sorry to hear about what your son and you are going through.

I would be led by what your oncologist advises here. They are the experts. I would however write down all your questions and concerns before your next appointment so that you can get the full picture clear in your mind. It's very easy to get overwhelmed in those appointments and easy to forget to ask your questions. Take your notes with you and use them as your script.

It’s always good to talk so please remember you can also call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

Its so hard to know what to do for the best but hopefully once you have all the information from your son's medical team it will help you to make an informed decision about the best way forward here.

Sending you both a huge virtual hug. 

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm