Brain tumour

• 1 reply
  • 53 subscribers

My father has recently been diagnosed with a brain tumor and we just don't know what to expect. How quickly he will worsen?  He seems to have deteriorated quite a lot in a week already. 

• Hi BooBoo63

a warm welcome to the group. So sorry to hear about your father.

It's very hard to say what to expect and, having watched my husband go through his journey with a stage 4 brain tumour, it appears that everyone is unique. So much depends on type, size and location so its nigh on impossible to give you an answer here. Have you spoken to his medical team? They would be best placed to advise what to expect.

My husband received his diagnosis in Sept 2020 and we were told he had 12-15 months. That time frame ran out in November 2021 and he's still here. He's still physically very fit. In fact he cycled 40miles this morning. Medicine is not an exact science so even when you ask the questions of your father's team they can only say what they expect might happen.

It’s always good to talk so please remember you can also call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

To find information covering diagnosis, treatments and pages covering most types of cancers check our Online Information and Support Section

Stay strong. Stay positive. Sending you a huge virtual hug.

love n hugs

Wee me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm