I am a heartbroken father. My 3+ son diagnosed CPC brain tumour.

• 4 replies
  • 53 subscribers

He was operated twice. He received chemotherapy & radiotherapy. Still he has weaknesses at his right hand & right leg. I am always worried of his future!

• OMG my heart breaks for your baby son, it’s makes what other adults are going through with cancer insignificant, at least we have lived some life.

I'm a nanna, to 5 beautiful grandchildren under 4 years, and am so blessed to have 3 wonderful grown sons.

Support from your family is everything. Love to you and your family Louise 

• Hi Louise,

As much as the diagnosis of this little baby is a shocking thing, not least to his parents, I can't agree with you on your comment that it made other adults' stories of adult cancer insignificant.   I myself have just recently lost my partner to Grade 4 Glioblastoma(after suffering for 19months with this brain tumour), just before Christmas, and the journey of seeing him fight against and then lose this battle was too awful for words.     Each person's experience is different, and I know whatever your journey has been, it has been significant to you.     You are lucky indeed that you have your big family with you,and, I hope this remains for happy days and lots of memories for all of you. :-)  :-)                                                                        

With best and kind regards Jean.

• I’m so sorry if I have upset you in any way. Louise xxx

• Hi Heart

a warm welcome to the online community. I am so sorry to hear about your little boy's diagnosis. As a parent it is so hard to watch our children suffer. My heart really does go out to you and your family.

This group is really supportive so please feel free to reach out anytime. There's always someone around to listen  and to offer that virtual hug when its needed.

It’s always good to talk so please remember you can call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

To find information covering diagnosis, treatments and pages covering most types of cancers check our Online Information and Support Section

Please stay strong. Stay positive. Sending you lots of positive vibes and a huge virtual hug for you and your wee boy.

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm