Nose/brain cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 52 subscribers

Dear Community, this is my first time using this forum. My ex partner was diagnosed with a very rare cancer in his nose at the start of March which travelled up to just below the sack surrounding the brain and within a couple of days was admitted to hospital for major surgery. His nose has been completely removed he has just got through his second week of a five course of radiotherapy which he has 5 days a week. The radio is starting to take its toll and he went into hospital as his throat has swollen so badly that he can’t eat or drink so may have to be fed through a tube. He is going through. Absolute hell and has a very long journey ahead of him as will need to have reconstructive surgery to his face once he’s got through the radio. I was just wondering if there is anybody out there who has experienced a similar journey with such horrific surgery to their face that would be willing to talk about their experience and how reconstruction went for them. I want to be able to say to him that I have spoken with some that has gone through the same experience and be able to give him so positivity for the future as he’s struggling on so many levels. Thank you so very much in advance x

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to read all that your ex-partner has been through and it's great that you want to find someone else whose been in a similar situation.

Could I recommend that you also join and post this in the head and neck cancer group as I'm pretty sure there's someone in that group who has had their nose removed and reconstructed. If you'd like to do this clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there where you can join and post in the same way as you did here. You can also join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

It would be great if you could pop something about your ex-partner's journey with cancer into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"