Husband with glioblastona

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 53 subscribers

My husband was taken ill towards the end of September. He had a “funny head” for about 5 days. To cut a story short he went to hospital with a suspected mini stroke, but was found to have a mass in his head. It has progressed so quickly, he hasn’t been able to have radiotherapy as he has become bed bound and is unable to do anything for himself.

i love him so much, life changed overnight. We had normal life in September, now life has changed completely. I feel lost, helpless, to know I’m losing him. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I'm so sorry for you and for your husband. Please know that you are not alone in this.  If you can reach out to this forum and friends and family I hope that they can give you support in this time. 

Kindest and best wishes 

K

• Hi GailyS, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. My own husband was diagnosed with a glioblastoma in early Sept so I can empathise with how quickly your "normal" life disappeared. Feeling lost, helpless, useless etc is all perfectly normal - or so folk tell me - but know that you are not alone here. This forum has provided a lot of support to me over the last few weeks since I reached out.

Hang in there. 

Big hugs

Wee Me  xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• My husband was diagnosed with a grade 4 glioblastoma May 2016. 
    seizure at home found tumour on brain all happened very quickly. 
    hang in there I know it’s hard sending a big hug to you all xx