Travel insurance

• 3 replies
  • 35 subscribers

Hi everyone, I’m trying to find a reasonable quote for travel insurance (I have a brain tumour that is incurable due to position). I’ve been quoted a ridiculous amount to be insured for a 4 day trip to Spain! 
Any advice or companies I could contact for a quote? 
many thanks in advance.

Lydia x 

• Hi  

I hope you don't mind me popping in and responding as I'm not a member of this group, but the title of your post caught my eye.

A holiday to Spain sounds lovely but, unfortunately, it can be more difficult to find reasonably priced travel insurance when you've had a cancer diagnosis. Can I suggest that you join us over in the travel insurance group where you'll find lots of people who have successful got travel insurance.

To join just click on the link I've created and, once you've joined, look for the thread called 'Recommended Travel Insurance' as it's where the majority of recommendations are to be found. There are lots of recommendations in the thread, so it's best to compile a list and then sit down with a big cup of tea and start phoning.

I do hope you can get insurance so that you can go ahead with your planned trip,

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Lyddy81

we used All Clear last year to get insurance for my husband who has a stage 4 brain tumour. For a week in France it cost about £300 which compared to some quotes we got was quite reasonable.

Have a fabulous trip to Spain when the time comes

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thank you latchbrook. I will do that! X