Brain tumour radiotherapy

• 3 replies
  • 34 subscribers

Hi

my son has finished radiotherapy for Medulloblastoma tumour which was removed end of March. However for 2 and a half weeks he has literally been in bed as he is so tired, he gets up in the evenings for 1/2 hours only. He is also struggling to eat normally too. Has anyone else experienced this level of fatigue after radiotherapy?

Pam

• Yes - but should not be contiuing for very long. Defintely to take up with your NO

• HI Pj999

my husband suffered fatigue for about a month after his radiotherapy finished. The fatigue wasn't quite as extreme as your son seems to be experiencing but it did floor him for a few weeks, much to his great annoyance.

My husband's sense of taste altered during his 6 weeks of oral chemo/radiotherapy in combination but it was impossible to say what triggered that. It too returned to normal a few weeks after the treatment ended

As Mat says though, if you're concerned, speak to the CNS or the Dr.

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi

Thanks I have flagged it up with the TYA nurse and she has said this fatigue can go on for months. But I wanted to double check with people out there actually experiencing this kind of thing. Thanks for your replies if he doesn’t show much improvement in the next week or so I will ask his doctor about it.