Glioblastoma grade 4

• 2 replies
  • 36 subscribers

Since January my husband had a brain tumor and ongoing appointments may 2023 operation biopsy and diagnosis was cancer its tough times but I'm afraid of losing my soul mate 

• Hi Ann, I am so sorry to read this. My partner also has grade four Glioblastoma. I can fully sympathise with that feeling. Have any plans been made for your husband to have any further treatment?

• HI Ann58

a warm welcome to the group. Apologies for the delay in reaching out. So sorry to hear about your husband's diagnosis.

I'm supporting my husband through his GBM journey. He was first diagnosed in Sept 2020 and life's been an emotional rollercoaster ride ever since so I can empathise with  what you are going through.

This group is a safe and supportive space so please reach out here anytime. There's always someone here to listen who gets it, someone to hold your hand and to offer a virtual hug. You're not alone. we've got you. I've personally drawn a lot of support from this group and Glioblastoma multiforme brain tumour forum - Macmillan Online Community and Carers only forum - Macmillan Online Community You might want to take a wee look at those groups too.

I shared my/our tale in a blog for MacMillan last year. Here's the link Caring for a partner with a brain tumour – a Community member’s story - Macmillan Online Community just in case there's something in there that you find helpful

It’s always good to talk so please remember that you can also call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

If there's anything I can do, just ask.

For now I'm sending you a huge virtual hug and lots of positive energy. Stay strong and please take time to take care of your wee self here too.

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm