Mobility

• 2 replies
  • 35 subscribers

My husband is being treated for grade 4 brain cancer. In the last three weeks he has deteriorated so much. I was told it was a urine infection...then it is delirium caused by the infection. He is so confused, his mobility is so bad...today heartbreakingly he didn't know his name or who I was. I took him to the emergency Oncology department and all tests came back negative?. I'm just numb. Feel like my world is ending...

• It sounds like you're doing as much as you can to care for your husband.  I hope your husband recovers from his urine infection soon.  Sending hugs to you both.

• Oh, Mypies, I'm so sorry to hear this. I guess its a positive that the tests are clear so you know you're not dealing with something else on top. It's heartbreaking when someone you love and have seen every day for years doesn't recognise you. I've been there in the past with my gran. It tore my heart to shred the day she didn't know me. 

Can I suggest you report the changes you're seeing to your normal oncologist or CNS? If you can't reach them, try your GP. I know I've been advised to report any concerns or changes I notice with my husband.

I wish there was something I could say or do to help. You're doing an incredible job taking care of him. Stay strong. You're get through this.

Remember this community, including the helpline, is always here for you. You're not alone,

Sending you a huge virtual hug and lots of positive energy.

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm