Vision

• 3 replies
  • 35 subscribers

My nuns vision is getting worse and really struggling to see.

Anybody experienced this.

• Hi Disney

my husband was diagnosed with a stage 4 brain tumour (Glioblastoma) in Sept 2020 and shortly before his craniotomy he developed issues with his eyesight. He described it at the time as if he was looking through wet polythene. The medical team suggested it wasn't an issue with the eye but that the optic nerve was under pressure or compromised.

More recently as his condition has deteriorated a bit he has lost most of the sight in his right eye. Initially it was just the peripheral vision but over a few days the field of vision has narrowed to a small tunnel. I referred this to our CNS and she just commented that given where his active tumours now are that this was to be expected.

Not much comfort for you. If you have concerns though can I suggest that you refer to your mum's medical team as they are best placed to comment and it may just be medication that needs tweaked.

You can also reach out here via Ask an Expert within the online community or call the helpline. The number is below.

This is a safe and supportive space so no doubt other members will comment below with their experience. For the past couple of years I've worked on the basis that if its impacting my husband's quality of life or concerning me and him then I refer to his medical team for guidance.

Sending love n hugs and lots of positive energy

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thanks. Been told there's no medication that will help

• Have eye problems too...just as your husband described..Both brain tumours at the back of my brain have dissapeared from the latest mri scan..Thought id won the lottery.Then they said it must have been two bloodclots which have now also gone..Still have a swollen and bleeding optic nerve in my left eye causing hourly intermitant blindness.Beat 4 cancers now in the last two years.

Tonsil cancer,lymph throat cancer and surgical removal ,prostate cancer and brain tumors..Still on going...fighting this with all my will. Hope I have will to beat this with all lve got...With fantastic support from my wife ,kids and grandkids As a much loved 65 year old grandad....What a rollercoaster ride the last two and a half years have been...

Onward and upwards Colin...1st post.