Fathers Brain Mets

• 1 reply
  • 34 subscribers

Hi everyone,  I'm new on here and I am looking for any information at all which might help myself and my family get our heads around my dad's diagnosis. Dad was diagnosed with primary lung cancer in October 21 but now we have been told it has spread to his liver and brain. The consultant told my sister and I it would probably be a matter of months because of the brain mets. All we want is some kind of indication of what might happen to dad through the coming weeks. I know everyone is different but we are really struggling with what to expect and prepare for. our dad lives alone so it is down to us to prepare for this and care for him. 

• Hi Mic75

a warm welcome to the group and the online community. So sorry to hear about your dad.

Personally I don't have experience of brain cancer being the secondary. My husband has a primary stage 4 brain tumour so its a whole different situation.

Every time I've asked what can I expect to happen and what signs should I watch for and be concerned about, I get the same answer - headaches, nausea and seizures.  Not exactly overly helpful as we've been watching for those since day one.

This group is very supportive and everyone has a different story to tell so I am confident that someone with more relevant experience will be along shortly to provide a better answer than I can at this point.

It’s always good to talk so please remember you can also call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

To find information covering diagnosis, treatments and pages covering most types of cancers check our Online Information and Support Section

Sorry I couldn't provide a more informative answer. Sending you a huge virtual hug. Hang in there. Stay strong.

love n hugs

Wee me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm